web analytics

Change of Name: PRC Edition

Eight months from getting married, I finally decided to let go of my maiden name and update all my IDs and records. #Adulting it is. Before going to PRC, I visited their website, downloaded and filled up the necessary forms and had my photo taken thinking that I was already well-armed to update my physician registration details.

I was wrong.

Aside from the fact that the available form at the PRC website itself is passe, their registration requirements posted online is also outdated and badly, badly needed revamping. I ended up having a new set of photos done (in all my haggard, post-commute glory) and had to fill up new forms that I didn’t even know existed. Anyway, just so you guys won’t end up as haggard-looking in your PRC license ID for the next couple of years as I do, here’s an updated how-to on changing your status and name for PRC-registered professionals (teachers, engineers, nurses, physicians et. al) – the updated 2017 edition. For clarifications, this is NOT for renewal of registration. The steps outlined below apply to professionals with an existing, valid registration who only wish to change their name due to marriage. The expiration of your new ID will remain the same as your existing old ID.


  1. Filled up form for “Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage” – 1 copy
    • Available at the Regulations Office, 2nd floor, Main Building
  2. Filled up Registration Form – 1 copy
    • Available at the Public Assistance Desk right after entering the gate.
  3. 2 pcs 1.5″ x 1.5″ colored photo, plain white background, with name tag (use your married name)
  4. Original and one photocopy of Marriage Contract from NSO
  5. Photocopy of Old PRC ID
  6. Documentary Stamp

Step 1:
Upon entering PRC, get a registration form from the Public Assistance Desk found immediately after the entrance gate. I filled this up using my married surname. However, upon submission at Window 27 later on, this was computerized still reflecting my maiden name. So I guess, it won’t matter whether you write your maiden name or your married name. Attach a photo.

Step 2:
Proceed to Regulations Office at 2nd floor, Main Building. The main building is the building on the left side, across the exit gate. Get the form for “Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage”. Do not bother to download this from the PRC website because the one available at the website is the old form. Fill up the form and attach a photo.

Step 3:
Go to the Legal Office found at the end of the hallway and proceed to the desk after the water dispenser on the right side of the office. Present your filled up petition form. Pay 50 pesos and have the form signed by the lawyer from the next desk.

Step 4:
Submit all your forms (registration form, petition form, photocopy of old PRC ID, photocopy of marriage contract) to Window 27 at the ground floor. They will return your forms and your registration form will now be computerized and your photo will be immortalized digitalized.

Step 5:
Go to the cashier window (Windows 1, 2, 35 or 36) and pay 475 pesos for the certification fee and reprint of duplicate ID.

Step 6:
Go to the Records Section at the ground floor of the annex building. The annex building is the building near the entrance gate. Proceed to Window H. Sign the logbook using your maiden name. They will fill up your form.

Step 8:
Buy one documentary stamp from the booth across the annex building. This costs 25 pesos.

Step 7:
Proceed back to the Regulations Office where you got your petition form (2nd floor, Main Building) and submit your papers. You may be asked to present your original NSO-certified marriage contract and receipt. Sign the logbook using your married name.

Your ID will be ready for claiming after 3 months. Don’t forget to keep your claim stub. 🙂

I completed all steps in around 45 minutes. I arrived around 3:30 pm and was out of the door by 4:15pm. The total time for processing the papers could have been less had I known that I needed a photo with a nametag and a photocopy of my old PRC ID. Total cost was 550 pesos.

There… I hope I made it easier for you. Had I known that it will be a breeze, I could have done this months ago. Hehe. Please stay tuned for my next installment on the how-to-change-your-name series in the coming weeks as i go on a name-change adventure to update all my records post-getting married. See you!

  1. 3 years ago
  2. 3 years ago
    • 3 years ago
  3. 3 years ago
    • 3 years ago
  4. 3 years ago
    • 3 years ago
  5. 3 years ago
    • 3 years ago
  6. 2 years ago
    • 2 years ago
      • 2 years ago
  7. 2 years ago
    • 2 years ago
  8. 2 years ago
    • 2 years ago
  9. 2 years ago
    • 2 years ago
  10. 2 years ago
    • 2 years ago
  11. 1 year ago

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *